Thursday, September 27, 2012

That awkward moment when...

Hey yinz (PITTSBURGHESE FTW). The bet is gone so I can blog now! YAY!

So, today, something incredibly sad happened. Today, Noah and Erika, my two best friends who also happened to be dating, broke up. This is incredibly sad for many reasons, some of them selfish, and some of them legitimate. One of the legitimate reasons it's sad is because it makes my two best friends sad. It's never fun when your two best friends are sad. Never. The selfish reason to that is that I have to try and make BOTH of them feel better. Which is really hard. Erika feels like the biggest bitch of all time right now. The group right now is her first real, stable, friends in a very long time. I'm not sure if I can actually say the reason on here, but I will anyway because Aki wants to know. Erika and Noah have been going out for a long time now, 7 months. Recently, though, Erika says she feels like the relationship between her and Noah has been more of a friendship than a real relationship. The example she gave me was like when they said "I love you" it felt more like when friends say it instead of like couples saying it. I kind of understand where she is coming from. I also don't a bit, but it's not my place to question. A half selfish/half legitimate reason this breakup sucks is that it could make the group go bye-bye. Erika wants to stay friends with Noah and keep the group stable, but Noah isn't quite willing to forgive and forget so fast. I am trying my hardest to get him to keep things normal, but I don't know how long it will last. Erika is incredibly (apparently that is my word of the day. I have used it so much today...weird) scared that she will get kicked out of the group or something. I don't think that could happen, but if Noah starts kind of ignoring her I'm afraid that that could really really hurt her and I don't think she needs to be given any more reasons to be sad right now. But I also kind of get where Noah is coming from. MERAHJAGHASKDKASJF CONFLICTION (is that a word??) I think we all just need to get through the awkwardness and go back to being an awesome group of friends. Now, I guess, it's my job to get both of them through the awkwardness and back into the light (cliché ftw).

Let the complicated times begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment