Thursday, September 6, 2012

Failed impromptu public speaking

Hello lovely readers, welcome to another speech class entry.

So, today in speech I made my first impromptu speech. Here's how this one was (at least how it was supposed to) work:
You have a basket. The basket contains items. You have your head. Your head contains your brain, and your brain contains (or at least it's supposed to) your imagination. You pick one of these items and you're supposed to give a speech about it as if it was some sort of archeological find that you found whilst archeolging.
It didn't go very well with me. I picked a part of a vacuum cleaner apparently (it was like a tube thingy) and I had a very good direction that I was going with it, but then after I made my first point, my brain died and I just had to stop. The minimum was 1 minute. My speech was barely 20 seconds. My hope is that I'll get better at these as the trimester goes on, but I don't know if I will because I'm so awkward. Interestingly though, I did realize something about my speaking today (and yesterday): I don't act nervous when I'm talking. Even though I'm AHDJKHSAKJHDSD NERVOUS inside, I don't act that way. I thought that was kind of awesome, and it definitely made me feel A BIT (not that much) better about speaking. Though, I do hope Sophia stops taking pictures of me speeching and sending them to my sister...that's just annoying.



P.S. I've realized a pattern: on the weekends, my entries are long and good, and during the week, they aren't. I think that's because school eats my brain. But, that could just be a coincidence...though probably not.
P.P.S. I got blog views from the UK. WELCOME TO MY BLOG BRITISH PEOPLE!!! I LOVE DOCTOR WHO SO THAT SHOULD HOPEFULLY VALIDATE ME IN YOUR MINDS. Please keep reading! Sorry for my American spelling, but it was how I was raised.

No comments:

Post a Comment