Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Demo speech tomorrow!

Hello wonderful readers! I bet you miss my complaining about speech class right? I mean, I haven't done it in so long, I bet you're wishing for more. Well, your wish is my command, here is some speech class complaining!

So, tomorrow, I have to give my demonstration speech. For anyone who is too stupid to figure this out, a demonstration speech is a speech in which you demonstrate something. It may surprise people to know this, but I'm not INCREDIBLY nervous about this speech. I'm demonstrating how to process an astrophoto, which is something I know how to do rather well (Just look at my background, I made that!). The problem I see with this speech is that it won't be 10 minutes long. I'm going to attempt to keep my eye on the clock to see how long I've been going for, and if I'm close to the end and haven't gone 10 minutes...I actually don't know what I'll do at that point. I'll just curl up in a ball and go hide in a corner. Yeah, that's what I'll do. My other problem with this speech is that you need an outline. The outline apparently is 10 points of the grade. I don't think I even NEED an outline. I could do this speech by, well, just doing it. I'm not going to be looking at it. I know how to do this very well, and if anything this outline will DECREASE my grade since I don't know where the awkward pauses will be where I need fillers and I guess if I don't include that in the outline my grade will go down. I don't even know why my outline should even be a part of my grade! I mean, we're learning to MAKE SPEECHES, and if we can successfully do that without an outline, it shouldn't matter.


WISH ME SO MUCH LUCK!!!!

Also, Aki, you should skip Chemistry and come give me moral support! Also, Sarah, you should just skip school and show up at my speech class (starts at 1:30, but I'm last tomorrow so I don't really know what time I'll start, but you should just show up for the whole class. You can watch Sophia and Kayla give speeches too, I guess) and give me moral support too! And, if by some magical fluke Noah is reading this, you should skip Latin and come give me moral support as well!

HELP ME!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment