Friday, September 7, 2012

Successful impromptu public speaking

Hello once again readers, and welcome to ANOTHER speech class entry. This one is a bit more optimistic though:

Today in speech was ANOTHER day of table topics (impromptu speeches). The scenario was different today. Today we were all news reporters for the newspaper, and Mrs. Holmes gave us each a headline and we came up with the story. They were real headlines, but they could mean something completely different than what they actually were for. My favorite one was "Owner told of rabbit explosion." Mine was "Enraged cow injures farmer with axe" and somehow I managed to talk for a WHOLE MINUTE about this. My brain decided to work today, which was very nice of it. I think it went pretty well. Mrs. Holmes was laughing as she came up to let me sit down, which was a good sign. I hope this was one of the graded ones. I still don't know how I'm going to do the five minute one, but now I'm a bit less afraid of it. I'll just be so excited when this trimester is over. Especially because I have five double frees next trimester. I start both fridays with one and I start Monday B week with one too. It will be nice. Anyway, speech class actually went well today, which was incredible and amazing and epic and the best thing ever. Exactly two months and two days until my last class. Wish me luck!


P.S. SO MANY RUSSIANS READING MY BLOG! I've been getting more Russian views than US views recently. I hope you're enjoying my blog, Russians! Keep reading!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hahaha yess! I said the cow found an ax in the middle of a field and was angry at the farmer because he didn't feed the cow.

      Delete