Monday, October 15, 2012

That awesome moment when you did your homework before it was assigned

Hello again everyone! Guess what? We get to do a non-academic essay for English! By that I mean one that doesn't have to do with a book or something we read, it's about why we love what we love. Remember my "Why I love Astronomy" series (if not and you want to read it: Pt. 1Pt. 2, and Pt. 3)? Well with a few changes to make it flow better that could actually be my essay. I don't think it will be though. There are probably too many tweaks, repositionings, and rewordings that it would just be simpler to write a new essay. I also wanted to make my English one a bit more broad, like "Why do I love science?" instead of "Why do I love Astronomy?" Now, don't get me wrong, astronomy will be a BIG part of the essay, but I want to touch on why I love other aspects of science as well. I think this essay will quite possibly be the best essay I ever write. I am SO excited to write it. This is the kind of writing I like to do. It's not analytical, I don't need to back it up with quoted evidence, or evidence of any kind for that matter, it will just be me writing about something I'm incredibly passionate about. All I'll have to worry about is organization. But even then, not nearly as much as I have to do in an analytical essay. On top of that, we get to do an independent reading project too. We get to pick a book of any kind, from any period of any literature, and just read it. I have to admit, I was really sad I didn't get Ms. McDermott this year, but now I'm glad I didn't. Dr. Sanders is doing things with our class that I've always wanted to do for English. It's great. I'm so happy!
In other news, I may not have speech class this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHH YAY! One acts are this week, so the willis room will be in use all week. YAY NO SPEECH! Happiness all around!
Actually, not happiness all around. My friends have a crap ton of feels. I don't want to get into details, merrrr.

1 comment: