Tuesday, October 9, 2012

My feelings on math put into one simple sentence

"I take no pleasure in math for the sake of math, I like doing physics, and astronomy where physical realities are tangled in with the numbers and letters."
- Pamela Gay

That quote is my feelings on math class and learning math put into words by Dr. Pamela L. Gay. This is why I never do as well in math as I should, but always do well in science classes. When the math I'm doing has a real, practical application, it's one of the most useful, if not the most useful, tools out there, but when I'm just doing math because the teacher told me to, I, for one, understand it less, and for two, have no motivation for doing it, and therefore put less effort in. If calculus were taught alongside physics, it would be incredible. There needs to be like a calcu-physics class. That would be awesome. Anyway, that's why I'm not doing so well in math right now. I'm not motivated enough to learn this stuff. MERHAJDHA WHY AREN'T CALCULUS AND PHYSICS TAUGHT ALONGSIDE EACH OTHER? MERRRR

Anyway, those are my feelings on learning math. I hope I start doing better in precalculus!

No comments:

Post a Comment