Sunday, October 7, 2012

Fright night!

Hey interwebees! One, I didn't post yesterday!!!!! HADIHASKJFGHAKJDHASF OMNG NOOOO! I was about to, because I started this post yesterday, but then I started talking to friends on le interwebs, so I never finished. Anyway, last night, I was at fright night!

What is fright night, you ask? It's when Kennywood opens at night and there is a lot of smoke and people dressed up as dead people. Basically, all rides except the water rides are open. I went last night with two friends, Rohun and Mathieu. It was originally supposed to be Rohun, Mathieu, Erika, Noah, and me, but Erika is sick, so she couldn't go, and Noah thought he couldn't go because he had to teach the next morning, even though he was awake for over an hour after I got back. But, to tell the truth, it was kind of good to do something without him. I mean, it's not as though I don't like him, that's the farthest thing from the truth, but he is always the friend who I do things with, and I don't think I've actually done anything with friends and had him not be there (other than Aki and Sarah times) for a long time. I was getting worried that I wouldn't be able to be with friends if he wasn't there. But, last night reassured me that I could have friends even if he wasn't there.
I was initially worried that I would be like left out or something, as Rohun and Mathieu like to do a bunch of things that I don't, but it was actually a really fun day and night (we hung out at Mathieu's during the day and then went to fright night at night). We played Wii (I really only played Mario Kart, but they played a bunch of other games. They still interacted with me while they were doing that, so I still wasn't feeling left out). Twas quite fun. Then we went to Red Robin for dinner, which was fun times too. Then, after dinner, we went to fright night. We got there right as the gates were opening, so the line was pretty long to get in, but after we got in we went straight to the Phantom, and since the gates had just opened the line wasn't very long at all. For the time that we did have to wait, though, we had an argument about momentum vs. inertia and Rohun thinks that he won, but he really didn't. Then, next up, we went on the bumper cars. There were flashing lights, and since Mathieu is epileptic, I went with him in case anything happened. Thankfully nothing really happened, other than our car kept losing power, which was incredibly annoying, but not a medical problem. Then we went on the thunderbolt. Since we had 3 people, and the thunderbolt requires you to have a partner, one of us was going to have to either not go, or ride with stranger. Rohun and I both wanted to go, and Mathieu was okay with not going, but once we got to the front of the line one of the operators asked if any of us were going alone because he had a single rider who needed a partner. We kinda made Mathieu do it, but he was fine. Then next up was the Sky Rocket. I was told by multiple people that that ride sucked, but it was probably one of the coolest (not best, coolest) rides there. Since we're all such nerds, we figured out that the ride was powered by magnetic acceleration before they told us at the front of the line. Nerds on a roller coaster, as Erika said when I told her that story. Then we went on the Jackrabbit, which I had never been on before, and it was fun because there was a part that you fly out of your seat, and I was not expecting that and it was fun. Then, for our last ride, we went on the Racer. That one was fun. The staff was singing Gangnam Style while we were getting on, and then after the checked we were all safely buckled in, they started doing the Gangnam Style dance, which was hilarious. We were going to go on the phantom again after that, but the line was too long and we needed to be outside by 10:45 so Mathieu's mom could pick us up, so we ended up getting funnel cakes and leaving.

Last night was really fun. Many inside jokes were made, and I had a good time with friends. Next time we go to fright night though, we're bringing EVERYONE! 'Twill be fun times!

No comments:

Post a Comment