Sunday, November 18, 2012

My theory about Clara/Oswin

I'm going to start with saying that this is a Doctor Who post, which relies on knowledge of episodes which people reading my blog will most likely have not seen yet, but I'm going to write it anyway because I want to.

So, Oswin Oswald, played by Jenna Louise-Coleman. She appeared in the Season 7 opener of Doctor Who in September. Jenna Louise-Coleman is also going to play the new companion in season 7.5 after the Ponds left. Her name is supposedly going to be Clara Oswin. The trailer for the Christmas special started with Matt Smith and Jenna Louise-Coleman having a discussion about how the character "can't be the same one because they died." I think they're lying. I think it is the same character. I think Clara becomes the Doctor's companion, and then once she stops being his companion, goes to work on the Starship Alaska, and then when it crashes into the Asylum of the Daleks and the Doctor shows up, she has to act like she doesn't know him, because she realizes that he has not met her yet and that could pollute the timestream if she tells him what's to come. Since the Doctor never sees her face at the Asylum, only hears her voice, he doesn't know what she looks like, and then when he meets her later in the Christmas special, he doesn't realize they're the same person and goes on thinking everything is new and stuff. Maybe, he would realize later that they're the same person, and who knows what could come of that.


So, that's my theory. I like it a lot, and maybe it's right. I hope it is. If she's just playing a new character I'd be sad. Oswin was a great character and I was sad that she had to be a Dalek in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment