Friday, March 1, 2013

Why I HATE being ignored

Whether it be in real life, over text, or online, being ignored is probably my biggest pet peeve.

Why do I hate it so much? Because of my family really. It reminds me too much of them. My parents have NEVER been responsible (no matter how much they want to tell me they are, they really aren't. I'd give reasons but I can't put that stuff online). A lot of the time, if I need them, they will not be anywhere near a phone or available. I remember one time in which I was stuck somewhere, and I needed a ride back because no one else could give me one, and I called my mom, she said she was coming to get me, and then fell asleep and was unable to be woken up, and my dad had gone an a 3 hour walk with the dogs and decided he didn't need to take his phone, so I was stranded there and being ignored.

Being ignored, especially in situations like that, really doesn't feel good. It really doesn't take that much for me to not be angry at being ignored. Really only some sort of response. For example, if my dad had taken his phone on the walk and said "I'm on a walk with the dogs, I can't do anything" I would have been so much better, but from my point of view, it just seemed like he was not answering.

I also hate getting ignored over text/messages. That's probably where I hate it the most. If someone is online, you should be able to message them and get a response. And if they don't want to talk, they should just say "Hey, I can't talk now, I'm doing *insert action here*" or "Hey I can't talk now, I'm talking to someone." Even if you're talking to someone else and don't want to talk to me, tell me that, I would be far less offended than if I'm ignored.



No comments:

Post a Comment