Friday, March 8, 2013

This is a bit of a rant


So, my high school class has a facebook group in which we (at least we’re supposed to) post things for classes (like quizlets and whatnot). Recently some of the stupid people in my class have been posting random videos of shit…which lead to this comment after someone finally posted something useful:

“Yay! Finally something that’s not AP Euro or gay shit!” 


GAY SHIT?!

EXCUSE ME!?

None of those videos had anything to do with homosexuality or whatever and it really gets me when people use gay as an insult, especially being gay myself. I don’t understand how people just throw that word around like that as an insult. I mean there is an OPENLY GAY person in the class (not me) and they can see that comment easily. Also, I expected the person who replied to the comment to get at least somewhat annoyed or whatever at the “gay shit” part, because he is pretty smart and a friend of mine (even though he doesn’t know I’m gay), but he just went along with it and kept using it. 
I really hope that one day people will stop using “gay” as an insult and finally start to just use it where it applies, to homosexual people. If they don’t, then homosexuality is never going to end up being viewed as anything but a negative thing that people want to avoid. 


Sorry for the rant, but it was necessary.

EDIT: TWO OF MY FRIENDS WHO KNOW I'M GAY LIKED THE COMMENT SERIOUSLY WTF YOU HAVE A GAY FRIEND


No comments:

Post a Comment