Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Stupid people

So, for the first real post on this blog I thought I'd talk about people. More specifically, stupid people. This was prompted by something I saw at lunch today, which I will get to in the entry.

Stupid people are everywhere. They are all around us. They come in many shapes, sizes, and types. They are rather annoying. I have many stupid people in my class at school. The most prominent example is a group of people called the "Ethnic 8" (E8 for short) This group is in no way ethnic. It contains six white people and two black people. That does not constitute "ethnic." Now, on to what I saw at lunch today...The members of the E8 were congregating in their usual area, near Mr. Maione's room by the lockers. What they were doing made me lose hope for the future of the human race...They were banging their heads against the lockers to see who can bang their head the hardest, and whoever wins gets to be called "superior." Seeing that made me more angry than ever. I used to just write them off as stupid, but it didn't really effect me that much. This didn't actually effect me that much either, but when you realize that it will be these kinds of people who will be one day running the country, running businesses, doing important things like that it makes you scared for what the future holds.

Another example of stupidity in my class was in Chemistry the other day. In Chemistry we're learning about ions right now. For those who don't know (though EVERYONE should know what ions are!), ions are basically charged atoms. These atoms form charges by either gaining or loosing electrons, the negatively charged component of the atom. The thing that the class seemed to just be UNABLE to wrap their heads around was the fact that ions ARE NOT formed by changing the number of protons. While changing the number of protons WOULD change an atoms charge, IT WOULD MAKE THE ATOM AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT SUBSTANCE. This was said by Mr. Marx a bunch of times before he started asking about examples. When he did, almost everyone who answered (except for the smart people, which there are a sad few of in our chem class) answered that the ion would be formed by the number of protons changing. We actually learned this in physics last year, ions = number of electrons changing. It's really NOT THAT COMPLICATED. Stupid people are annoying.

The moral of the entry is: Try to not be stupid. Everyone has the potential to not be. Some just need to try harder than others. If people want the world to be a good place, DON'T BANG YOUR FRAKKING HEAD AGAINST THE LOCKERS JUST TO SEE WHO'S "SUPERIOR." ALL IT DOES IS PROVE YOU'RE AN IDIOTIC IDIOT.

I'm bovvered.

4 comments:

  1. I didn't even know there was a group called E8.... You'll have to point them out to me sometime...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall do so tomorrow. Don't get involved with them...they're quite possibly the worst people in the grade...maybe the whole school

      Delete
  2. wait

    but I THOUGHT LOCKER-BANGING WAS COOL


    oh, and *affect

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LIKE I GIVE A FRAK WHETHER OR NOT IT'S AN A OR E...I don't even know the difference!

      Delete